Maybe you are hiding at home recently without going out, lack of exercise and surprisingly you are getting out of shape and growing on belly fat. You set a goal to shed your belly fat at the gym but you have no idea how to workout at gym.
You are considering signing up and join a gym membership club because you are just a beginner.
You might not know a lot about working out and you hope to learn how to workout in a gym to lose belly fat. Next, we are going to learn exactly how to workout at gym for beginners.
For beginners who are just starting out, gym workout not only reduces belly fat but also build up muscle.
For beginners, you might want to lose belly fat and build muscle at the same time. You have no idea how to equip yourself.
If you don’t have the suitable equipment, you are more likely to hurt yourself when you are getting involved in working out especially weight lifting.
Hence, suitable equipment are very important to protect your different body parts. We will look at some basic equipment that you might need in a gym and each of their functions.
- Head Band- We wear head band around our forehead to absorb sweat. Sweat won’t drip into our eyes and distract us. Furthermore, head band can avoid our hairs from reaching the eye. We can fully focus and working out safely.
- Gloves- with gloves in our hands, we can hold steadily on weights because it grips on weights firmly. We need it especially if we have a sweaty palm. Imagine that if you have a sweaty palm and you lift weights, the weights probably slip away and hurt your leg. Beginners have do not any technique yet in weightlifting if they have never workout in a gym before. So it is wise for them to wear a glove to prevent cut or bruises.
- Knee sleeves- Knee sleeves warm our joint and give support. Knee sleeves provide compression to our knee and keep the joint warm. This may reduce pains in our knee joint and avoid any possible injuries. However, knee sleeves are not necessary to be worn for every weight lifting workout.
- Elbow sleeves- Elbow sleeves provide compression to our elbow. It prevents pain in our elbow joint and prevent our elbow from hurting.
Warm up is necessary to be done at least 5 minutes before starting any proper workout. Why does warm up so important? Warm up enhances blood flow, relaxes muscles and avoids any possible injuries during proper workout.
Make sure you stretch the entire body before start working out. Below are some suggestions of warm up that you might like to follow.
1. Head~ Rotate your head clockwise and anti clockwise.
~ Tilt your head to the left and right of your shoulders.
~ Nod your head. Lift your head up.
2. Arm~ Reach both of your arm out to the side of your body and rotate clockwise. Next, repeat this action by rotating anti clockwise instead.
~ Holding on your shoulder with both hands, stretch by moving your elbows away from your chest. Then, move your elbows in the opposite direction toward your chest until both of your elbows meet.
3. Leg~ Marching in place.
~ Swing your left leg forward and backward. Next, swing your right leg forward and backward.
~ Rise your left knee up and kick outward. Then rise your right knee up and kick outward.
4. Body~ Repeat jumping Jack for 30 times.
~ Push up and sit up for 10 times each.
~ Rope jumping for 30 times.
Start to Workout
We will now look at how to workout at gym to lose belly fat. Many people are confused when they go to a gym or fitness center because there are tons of weightlifting machines, dumbbells, cycling machines and treadmills. They have no idea where to start of. Here are some suggestions on how to workout at gym for losing belly fat.
1. Cardio exercises ~start to burn your calories on a treadmill. It is better if you run on a treadmill for at least 15 minutes. You can start with a walking speed and increase your speed gradually. At the end, you can try interval sprinting for a few minutes. When we start to sprint, we inhale more oxygen. Metabolism increases at the same time. This results in burning fat faster.
~ If you prefer cycling machine instead of treadmill, cycle for at least 20 minutes. This brings the same result of increasing metabolism and turn on your fat burning mode.
2. On the floor mat~ Mountain climbing in place. Move your left knee to your chest and then your right knee to your chess repeatedly.
~ Do body plank. Hold your body in a push up position with forearm against the floor mat instead of palm. According to Doug Sklar who is a certified personal trainer and founder of PhilanthroFIT in New York City, an ideal forearm body plank should be done by holding three planks for up to 60 seconds.
3. Using Weights~ Do squat with dumbbells. Hold dumbell on each hand and spread your feet to the same width as your shoulders. Place each hand with holding dumbbell on each shoulder. When lowering your body and squat, make sure your back is always straight and perpendicular to the ground. Repeat this action.
~ Do kettlebell swing. Hold kettlebell by using both hand and spread your feet to the same width as your shoulders. Lower your body in a squat position and reach out your both arm in front of your chest. Before start, bring the kettlebell and pass it through in between your legs until you reach your upper hips. Swing the kettlebell up to your chest and drop it back to the original position. Repeat this action and make sure both of your arms are always straight.
Start With Basics
For beginners, it is important to start with basics when working out at gym to lose belly fat. There are many other ways to workout in a gym to lose belly fat besides the ways mentioned above. Please leave a comment below on how did you workout in a gym to lose belly fat.